This is Week Three of the LiveFit trainer so today I got up at 5 and did legs (my favorite!) before school.
- Legs Extensions
- Wide Squats
- Walking Lunges <– I did these with a 50 lb barbell today and everything else afterwards was painful.
- Single Leg Dead Lifts
- Lying Leg Curls
- Seated Calves
- Standing Calves
Good thing leg day means extra carb day because I made a more carby (not a word) version of my quinoa bakes.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa – then cook it.
- 4 scoops protein powder
- 4 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened original almond milk
- 2 mashed bananas (I used this because I am out of applesauce and had some ripe bananas to get rid off) <– this is where the extra carbiness comes from. EDIT – If you use applesauce use 1/2 cup no sugar added
- Pre-heat over to 325.
- Cook quinoa according to directions.
- Mix everything together.
- Pour into non-stick muffins tins (or spray with non-stick spray).
- Drop in berries of choice – I did blueberries and raspberries.
- Cook for 35 minutes (longer cook time from the bananas – also more bakes than normal).
Each individual bake has:
- calories: 131
- carbs: 18g
- fat: 2g
- protein: 11g
Two of these before the gym was just perfect
Tomorrow I’ll share my cooler for today for WIAW #3