So really quick (because I am hurrying to work) I wanted to share a clean recipe for chicken nuggets.
1 lb boneless/skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 1/2 cups of almond meal
1/4 cup non-fat greek yogurt
2 egg whites
2 tsbp olive oil, divided
1. Cube chicken
2. Whisk together egg whites and yogurt until smooth
3. Add desired spices, I added 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp chile powder, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
4. At this point I added 1 tbsp olive oil to a skillet and set to medium heat
5. Dredge cube in yogurt mix and then coat with almond meal
6. Preheat oven to 400
7. Once all cubes are covered drop into skillet (oil should be hot so be careful)
8. Cook on each side until browned, 3-5 minutes
9. Transfer to a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray
10. Cook at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through
NOTE – I made the first batch on a stainless steel skillet which caused them to stick and burn. For the second I used a non-stick skillet and it worked perfectly.
It made 20 pieces and with 5 pieces as a serving here is the content:
Sided with a salad and sweet potato fries again
This is a high healthy fat meal but I am bartending tonight so I will be up for 8 more hours, normally I would have this for lunch, not right before bed.
Enjoy your Friday night!!